Choosing your real estate professional is, perhaps the most important decision you will make when purchasing or selling property. We believe the more you look around the more you will see the value of working with us.
Preparing your home for sale
A visually appealing home will attract buyers. It is important that the seller make sure his home is attractive to potential buyers. Following is a simple check list to insure your home shows well.
- Cut and edge your grass
- Remove any clutter from your yard
- Trim hedges
- Weed gardens
- Wash steps, windows, railings, doors, etc
- Paint if needed
- Remove unnecessary clutter from garages
If your home is visually appealing on the outside, it will attract potential buyers inside, but it is equally important that the home's interior is pleasing also. This can be simply accomplished by:
- Keeping the home clean
- Shampoo carpets
- Clean tubs, toilets and showers and hang fresh towels
- Oil squeaky doors
- Turn on inside and outside lights
- Have soft music playing
- Make sure the house smells good
- Keep pets in separate area
- Open shades and draperies
- Open all doors inside home.
When buyers are previewing your home, they are more comfortable and will spend more time when you are not present. If you must be there, be as unobtrusive as possible and let your agent do the work.
Choose a REALTORŪ you like and can trust.
Consider that you will be spending a lot of time with the REALTORŪ you choose. Make sure he or she is someone you enjoy being around and can trust.